We all know the saying, "Treat yo' self" - but what about when it comes to our feathered friends? Parakeets are adorably curious creatures who deserve special treats just like you do. Finding the right parakeet treats can be a daunting task, so we've put together a list of 5 of the best ones that your pet will go crazy for. Check out this blog post and get ready to spoil your parakeet!
How we choose the best for you
Trying to find the perfect Parakeet Treats for your beloved pet can be an exhausting process. It's natural to want to give your parakeets treats, the same way you would a dog or cat. With countless options out there, it's nearly impossible to know which one is the best fit.
So why settle for just okay when you can give your Parakeet the absolute best? But without research and firsthand knowledge, how can you be sure.
Let us take all the guesswork out of finding the perfect Parakeet Treats with our advanced selection - researched and handpicked by the experts! Stop wasting time browsing reviews and let us do all of the work for you.
Parakeet Treats With Honey
Wild Harvest Treat Sticks Crispy Minis Honey Flavor 4 Count, Hanger Included, Parakeet Food
Why we love it
Wild Harvest Treat Sticks will bring a taste of the wild to your feathered friend! This unique blend of seeds and honey give your small and medium birds a delicious treat while keeping them healthy. Nutrient-rich with added vitamins and minerals, Wild Harvest Treat Sticks are the perfect reward!
Made with tasty millet, canary grass seed and canola seed, these special treats contain natural ingredients that provide your bird with essential nutrients for their overall health. Consider adding some fun to your parakeet's diet today – Wild Harvest Treat Sticks are sure to please!
What you should know
This parakeet treat is the perfect addition to any bird cage. With the included hanger, it is easy to provide hours of interactive engagement for your feathered friend. Each pack comes with four treat sticks and one hanger to ensure your bird can enjoy a variety of tasty options. Be moderate, if your parakeets get hooked on honey treats they may start rejecting normal seed and demand sugary treats all the time. This treat is suitable for birds of all life stages and can help keep them happy and healthy. Try it out today and watch your parakeet enjoy all the delicious flavors this treat has to offer.
Parakeet Treats with Papaya
Kaytee Mango Flavored Yogurt Dipped Papaya Treats For All Pet Birds, 2.5-Oz Bag Parakeet Treats with Papaya ,Parakeet Food
Why we love it
Parakeet lovers, do your feathered friends deserve the very best when it comes to treats? Of course they do! If you’re looking for a unique way to reward your birds that will tantalize their taste buds, then Kaytee Yogurt Dipped Fruit Treats are just the thing. These colorful and flavorful treats blend real fruit pieces with a creamy yogurt coating to create an extreme flavor experience in every bite. Not only are these treats scrumptious and satisfying but they’re also an incredibly healthy snack option for your parakeets - giving them all the nutrients they need plus a little sweetness. So if you want to show off your parakeets’ adventurous side with a new treat option, try Kaytee Yogurt Dipped Fruit Treats - their beaks will thank you!
What you should know
Kaytee Yo Dips Papaya & Mango Flavored Treats for All Pet Birds are a great option for training your feathered friend. These treats are made of dried papaya, maltodextrins, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, sugar, partially hydrogenated palm oil, reduced lactose whey powder, dried nonfat yogurt powder, and lecithin. While my ringneck loves these treats, they are quite sweet, which is something to keep in mind. In fact, we even tried one and they were good. WE found that they were a bit too sweet for my taste, although they had a slight aftertaste that reminded me of a squishy nerd. For this reason, it is important to remember moderation when giving your pet these treats. Breaking larger pieces into smaller portions and giving only a couple of the tiny pieces can help ensure that your pet is enjoying these treats in a safe and healthy way.
Parakeet Treats With Apricot
Vitakraft Parakeet Whole Grains & Orange & Apricot Treat Sticks, 1.6 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Why we love it
Vitakraft’s Whole Grains & Orange & Apricot Treat Sticks are an absolute must-have for all parakeet lovers! Made from only the highest quality ingredients, these sticks will ensure your feathered friend is getting their daily dose of nutrition while also keeping things interesting in their cage. Each stick is dipped in a calcium and mineral rich batter and coated with a variety of seeds, grains, and nutritious goodies. To top it off, Vitakraft applies their triple baked process to make sure that these treats last as long as possible. What’s great about it too is that when your pet parakeet has eaten through the seed coating, they can still have some fun nibbling on the wooden core until all of the treat has been enjoyed! Plus each package comes with a clip holder that can easily attach to your bird’s cage - so there really is no hassle involved here. Give your feathery buddy some loves today with Vitakraft’s Whole Grains & Orange & Apricot Treat Sticks!
What you should know
Parakeet toys and treats are an essential part of every bird owner's life. Yellow Millet, Ground Wheat, Dried Orange Peel, and Calcium Carbonate, are just a few of the ingredients included in this parakeet treat. With Dehydrated Carrots, Dehydrated Apricots, and Turmeric (color), this snack is sure to fill your bird's beak with excitement. Honey and Lecithin are responsible for its sticky texture, while Paprika Oleoresin (color) adds a hint of spice to keep your bird interested. Vitamins A, D3, E, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, B12, Vitamin E Supplement, and Flax Seed round out the nutritional profile. This treat is easy to use and loved by all parakeets.
Parakeet Treats with Honey
Kaytee Forti-Diet Pro Health Honey Pet Bird Treat Sticks For Parakeets, 2 Bars, 7 Ounce
Why we love it
For parakeet parents who want to show their feathered friends some extra love, Kaytee Forti-Diet Pro Health Treat Sticks are the perfect way to do it. Made from fortified, delicious ingredients and with added natural prebiotics and probiotics to promote digestion, these treats are nutritious and fun-to-eat. Kaytee is committed to delivering quality products which reflects their assessment of the values and work ethic of their customers. They strive to keep animals safe while also supporting the people who care for them. Thanks to this commitment, you can expect service that is unmatched, as well as innovative new products like these Honey Pet Bird Treat Sticks For Parakeets which are designed for the comfort and safety of small animal pets, pet birds, and wild birds alike. Now your feathery friends can eat up with joy!
What you should know
If you're looking for a delicious and healthy treat for your pet parakeet, the Hang Kaytee Treat Stick is a great option. This specially designed treat promises to add variety and fun to your bird's feeding routine. It's both tasty and nutritious, making it a fantastic choice for your feathered friend. Following the instructions carefully, hang the treat stick in your pet's cage using the 3-way hanger made of non-toxic, passable plastic. Sticks for Birds Treat sticks are another favorite that you can easily find at the pet store. To ensure the best results, it's recommended to alternate between different varieties and limit the treat to one stick per bird per week. Once your pet has consumed the treat, simply remove the hanger and dispose of it properly. Give your parakeet the treat they deserve with Hang Kaytee Treat Stick. In addtion provdive need new toys and different perches regularly to keep their brains active and bodies exercised.
Cuttlebone for Parakeets
Jmxu's 5"-5.5" Bird Cuttlebone for Parakeets, Cuddle Bone with Metal Holder, Chewing Cuttlefish Bone for Sharp Beaks, Natural Birds Calcium Suitable for Parrots Cockatiels Budgie(6 Pack)
Why we love it
Cuttlebone contains calcium carbonate – an essential nutrient necessary for almost all body functions, especially bone health and muscle control. Even better, bird cuttlebones don't contain toxins or other contaminants that could pose a threat to your feathered friend.
Whether you’re just starting out as a parakeet owner or you’ve been caring for birds all your life, rest easy knowing that returning them to nature's own way of caring couldn't be easier. Your avian companion will love the flavorful treats found in bird cuttlebone for parakeets – providing the perfect blend of nutrition and fun to their everyday diet. Why not get some today and give your precious pet a healthy start?
What you should know
If you're a bird owner, you're likely on the lookout for treats to keep your feathered friend happy and healthy. One option to consider is a cuttlebone, which can provide essential nutrients and vitamins while also keeping your bird's beak strong and healthy. It's important to take note of the proper way to hang the cuttlebone in the cage, ensuring that it's positioned with the soft side facing your bird, not the hard side. Alternatively, you can scrape the cuttlebone into a powder and mix it with your bird's food for an added nutritional boost. With proper care and attention, a cuttlebone can be a valuable addition to your bird's diet.
Parakeet Treats FAQs
Are you uncertain which treats to buy for your precious parakeet? With so many different types of bird food on the market, finding the right one can be overwhelming.
You don't want to choose the wrong treat and risk compromising your beloved pet's health. Plus, purchasing multiple bags just to find the best one leaves a bad taste – literally and figuratively – in your mouth.
Below are the most frequently asked questions about best Parakeet Treats to help you make an informative decision what is the best for your pet bird.
What is a good treat for a parakeet?
Parakeets are social and intelligent birds that enjoy a variety of foods as treats. Here are some healthy and tasty treat options for your parakeet:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables: Parakeets love fresh fruits and vegetables, which are also a great source of vitamins and minerals. Some good options include carrots, spinach, kale, broccoli, apples, and berries. ust chop them up into small slices or cubes and feed them to your parrot as an occasional treat. Fresh Apple Slices Parrots seem to love most any type of fruit or vegetable. Give your parakeet a real treat by offering it a small piece of fresh fruit.
- Grains and seeds: Parakeets enjoy grains and seeds as a treat, but these should be given in moderation as they are high in fat. Some good options include millet, oats, and barley. Always make sure the grains and seeds are fresh and free from any mold or signs of spoilage.
- Plain popcorn: Air-popped popcorn without any added salt or butter can be a fun treat for your parakeet. Make sure to avoid microwave popcorn as it contains added oils and salt.
- Egg treats: Parakeets can benefit from protein sources like cooked eggs. You can offer your parakeet scrambled eggs or chopped hard-boiled eggs as a treat.
- Commercial treats: You can also find a variety of commercial treats made specifically for parakeets at pet stores. Always make sure to read the ingredients and choose treats that are free from artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives. Any dried fruit offered should be organic, unsulfured, and with no added sweeteners.
Remember it is important to keep the sugary fruits on the down side. Please always provide your little guys with fresh, clean water and avoid feeding them any foods that are toxic or harmful to birds. Fresh foods should be served in a familiar bowl to tempt your parakeet to try something new. Remove uneaten food from the cage at the end of the day. If the bird's droppings turn watery, it's probably a sign of overindulgence in fresh foods. Offering your parakeet a variety of healthy treats can help keep them happy and engaged, however ensure you provide them in moderation or in small quantities.
What's a parakeet's favorite snack?
Parakeets, also known as budgies, enjoy a variety of snacks and treats. However, their preferences can vary from bird to bird. Here are some common snack options that many parakeets enjoy:
- Millet spray: Millet spray is a popular and nutritious snack for parakeets. It is high in protein and can help satisfy their need to chew. You can find millet spray at most pet stores.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables: Parakeets enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables, which are also a great source of vitamins and minerals. Some good options include carrots, spinach, kale, broccoli, apples, berries and sprouts. Further more, sprouts are also great for your bird's health because they contain lots of antioxidants. Not only are these delicious treats, but they are also loaded in beneficial vitamins and nutrients, giving your parrot a kick of nutrition. While any type of fresh vegetable is appropriate, some favorites include broccoli, carrots, green beans, peas, and sweet potatoes Make sure to wash the produce thoroughly and cut it into small pieces before feeding it to your parakeet.
- Seed mix: Parakeets enjoy seed mixes, but they should be given in moderation as they are high in fat. Make sure to choose a high-quality seed mix that contains a variety of seeds and grains. Mixed Nuts Nuts are a nutritious and tasty treat for parakeets. Walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, and pistachios are all good choices.
- Egg treats: Parakeets can benefit from protein sources like cooked eggs. You can offer your parakeet scrambled eggs or chopped hard-boiled eggs as a snack.
- Commercial treats: There are many commercial snack options available specifically for parakeets. These can include seed sticks, fruit bars, and other treats. Always make sure to read the ingredients and choose treats that are free from artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
Remember to always provide your parakeet with fresh, clean water and avoid feeding them any foods that are toxic or harmful to birds. Offering your parakeet a variety of healthy snacks can help keep them happy and engaged.
What foods parakeets Cannot eat?
While parakeets enjoy a variety of foods, there are certain foods that can be harmful or toxic to them. Here are some foods that should be avoided when feeding your parakeet:
- Avocado: Avocado contains persin, which can be toxic to birds and cause respiratory problems, heart failure, and death.
- Chocolate: Chocolate contains theobromine, which can be toxic to birds and cause vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, and even death.
- Caffeine: Caffeine can be harmful to birds and cause heart palpitations, seizures, and death.
- Alcohol: Alcohol can be toxic to birds and cause liver damage, seizures, and even death.
- Fruit pits and seeds: The pits and seeds of fruits like apples, peaches, and cherries contain cyanide, which can be toxic to birds.
- Onions and garlic: Onions and garlic contain compounds that can damage a bird's red blood cells and cause anemia.
- High-fat and high-sugar foods: Foods that are high in fat or sugar can lead to obesity, diabetes, and other health problems in parakeets.
Make sure to always research any new food before giving it to your parakeet and consult with a veterinarian if you have any concerns about their diet. Providing a balanced and varied diet is essential for your parakeet's health and well-being.
What are the best parakeet treats for training?
Small amounts of fruit, such as berries, grapes and pieces of melon, mango, papaya, apple and pear are also a good option for birds. Bird-specific treats found in pet stores are another option.
Can parakeets eat cheese?
Parakeets are primarily seed-eating birds, and they require a balanced diet that provides them with all the necessary nutrients. While parakeets can eat a variety of foods, including fresh fruits and vegetables, there are some foods that should be avoided or limited in their diet. Cheese is not a food that is recommended for parakeets. While they may enjoy the taste, it does not provide any nutritional benefit to them, and it is high in fat and lactose, which can be difficult for parakeets to digest. Additionally, cheese contains a high amount of salt, which can be harmful to birds. It is best to stick to foods that are specifically recommended for parakeets and consult with a veterinarian if you have any questions or concerns about your pet's diet.
Parakeet Treats for you and for your feathered friend
What more could one ask for when it comes to treats for their parakeet? Our research has shown that not only are these Parakeet Treats full of flavor and nutrients, but they also work wonders when it comes to making your friendly feathered friend happy. We can guarantee that you won't be disappointed, so why not give it a try and see for yourself? If you're looking to make your parakeet's day better with a delicious snack that they'll love, then don't wait any longer; just click the button above and check the price on Amazon! There's no harm in giving your feathery companion a special treat or two - after all, who could resist the temptation of such delightful snacks?